Well for anyone who actually reads these, and has an interest for programming. But was never quite sure how to begin. I will go step by step and show you how to begin. Most tutorials on the internet you read shows you the coding. But never shows you anything past that in terms of how to compile(build it), and where to write it(environment).
So first off go and download any version of Visual Studio(the environment i will get you to use). This should be free off many sites. I am using Visual Studio C++ 2008 express edition if any cares. Now once everything is installed and what not. You should run the program and come to a nice menu. Mine looks like...
Okay from here go to :
2. There will be a column project types. Click on Win32.
Now in the Templates section. Click on Win32 Console Application.
Now name your project anything. Lets say "First Program" .
3. It will now ask you questions. Click Next. On this screen make sure the bubble. Application type is
clicked on Console Application. Also make sure that you click Empty project. The click Finish.
4. You should now be brought to the original menu. But now in your recent projects shows your project name. Now glance to the far right of the menu. There should be a folder named Source Files. Right click this and add new item. Under the categories select Code. In the templates body select the file that has an extension .cp or .cpp. Should be named C file or C++ file.
5. Name this file. I usually just name it the name of my project in most cases. If everything went right you should be looking at a screen similiar to this.
# include <stdio.h>
There's your first program.
7. Now it's time to build it and run it. At the top there should be a menu build. Click this and build solution. At the bottom will have a bunch of crazy writing appear and then will tell you if the build succeeded. The above code should be error free so it will say succeeded: 1 or something along those lines.
8. Now to run it go to Debug next to build. Then click start without debugging. Enjoy you now have just created a program.
Any questions or you get lost comment.